Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Google Docs and Calendars

In class we learned about Google docs and Google calendars. I was so impressed with the program igoogle. I have never used that before and I found it to be very useful already in my schooling. One of my favorite things is Google docs. This can help eliminate the problem of loosing your thumb drive, or forgetting to bring it to class...which I have done multiple times. It is great to know that you can pull it up anywhere at anytime.

Some ways that I think it will be beneficial for my classroom are, using the calendar to help students to be know upcoming events and homework for the future. Google docs can also have a profound affect with accommodating to those students who lose their papers all the time. If you had a handout in class that applied to their homework you could post it on your Google docs and they could grab it right off the internet.

One thing I think that would be very useful and cool for the students to know how to do is the gab cast. You can walk your students step through step on assignments that might have been a little confusing in class. This way if students are confused on a step they can just replay it and listen to it again and again.

I am sure that all of these things will be very beneficial in my own classroom blog. When I first learned we would be doing blogs, I thought that there was no point in having them. After learning everything you can do, I will be sure to have one in my own classroom.

No comments: